czwartek, 1 lipca 2010

Suck my Billy's, Cunt!

I've met Jeremy at Lookbook, the most shitty site ever. You want some empty talk with a hipster? Go there, cause despide of the looks it's also a collection of brainless pokemons who are thinking all day long how to get more hypes. And in this crowd of fashion sluts I've found a handsome, Australian boy who always had the jeans to die for on. And well, we became friends and that's how I found the best denim brand ever - The Billycock. I also got a pair. But... to small. By a mistake I got a pair two sized smaller. So I had to choose - do I really love jeans or do I love my fat ass more? We all know that love hurts. I had to reduced my lovely ass. And I did. For two weeks I've been fighting with myself, but when I got into the jeans I almost cum. But let's not talk about me - here's the kinky interview with one of the talented boys - Jeremy.

(My Billycock's)


Fetish:
Who's Billy? And how's his cock?
Jeremy: Billycock is made up of Jem + Goldy. We grew up together, now we are going to take over the world together. Our penises are exactly the same. If your next question is how do we know that then you can go fuck yourself.

Self fuck is not interesting for me. Masturbation is boring, and sex sells so maybe you should answer the question you asked yourself (laugh).

I would but then I wouldn't have anything left to talk dirty with you about for our next interview.

Yeah, that's how the story begins... (pic above: Goldy)

I am wondering, how did you get the name for your label? Cuz it sounds sexual and dirty. I am gonna bet u were having sex or smoking a pot in a moment the idea of the name came...

Close enough B, we were smoking a splidge (a joint) when Goldy came up with the idea to start a denim label. I thought he was nuts but he was right from the start. The name Billycock comes from these whacked out gangsters who emerged out of Manchester around 1870. They were called "The Scuttlers" and these hoodlums were Britain's first youth cult. They would dress alike in brass-toed clogs, wore neckerchiefs which had patterns to denote gang membership and had hair cropped very closely at the back and sides but with long fringes at the front that were longer on the left hand side than the right. Most importantly they wore Billycock hats. The Scuttlers would basically dress up as sartorial warriors and kick the shit out of other gangs. We draw inspiration from their attitudes and ideas of brotherhood.

How long do you work as a team?
You're gonna make me go all sentimental here. Look as I said before Goldy and I go way back. We went to a Jewish religious day school in Sydney together for 10 years until I started moving away from religion when I was about 12 years old. Goldy and I were good friends but then he turned his back on me and started making fun of me for heading in a different direction. So I told him to piss off and then a couple of years later we reunited and became friends again. Mad tangent... Anyway business-wise we've been working on this project for about 3 years now, getting the framework and connections in place.

Partners in crime. What do you love about each others?
The fact that we don't get sick of each other. I mean we can have some crazy fights when we don't agree on something but I usually come begging quietly for forgiveness or vice-versa a day later and then we are all good again. Seriously though it does seem sometimes as if we are brothers separated at birth. We just both don't give a fuck and it sometimes gets us in trouble. I also secretly love that Goldy exclusively calls me "Shloimi" which is my Hebrew name. We bounce off each other's energy and we are constantly running around, high on life just looking for the best way to have a sick time. Look the guy is a legend. We are pretty much in love with each other so stay away from my man, yeah?

Let's come back to the beginnings. Alright - you had the idea, you had no experience. How did it happen you sort everything out?
Our first 3 years were all about developing the framework needed to get our label off the ground. This meant finding a pattern maker, sample maker, web designer, factory to produce the jeans etc. It all flowed from our first meeting with the pattern maker - he told us to come back with drawings and measurements which we did and he created our patterns while we vacuumed his studio. He then introduced us to our sample maker who made our first samples. After that I flew around the world checking out factories in Mexico, South Africa and America to find out where we would produce our jeans. In the end we found a humble factory in Australia who has been and will be making the jeans for us in the future. This way we can keep an eye on production and also the quality of jeans production that comes out of Australia is some of the best in the world.Also the internet has redefined the world we live in. All the information we needed was out there already and anything we didn't know we could ask on forums and blogs to find out the answers to. Now that we have our framework in place we've gotten to the stage where we can get whatever we need done and we are good to launch our company. This also means that we have the ability to create whatever style we want within 2 weeks.

How would you describe your jeans?
Our main focus with the aesthetic direction is to keep the jeans as limited-edition as possible and to create fresh and dope batches. Our business model revolves around innovation as each batch of jeans that we make is completely unique and different from the previous batch. When we launch we will be creating new batches every fortnight which will push us to be innovative in our washes and production techniques. This means using all different types of Japanese denims and creating new and unique ways of washing, distressing and altering the jeans to create the one-off batches. These batches will be sold online through our website, which is going to be very community driven and will make you shpruchen in de hoisen (jizz in your pants, it's Yiddish, what?). We'll also be selling in pop-up-shops and collaborating with other brands to help them bring out some cool jeans for their brands that will be branded as a collaboration between them and Billycock. We've experimented with selvedge denim, acid washes, lasering, redying, shredding, bleaching and lot's of other processes. Our range is truly diverse and dynamic. If we get to the point where we start a trend we'll kill the style before it becomes mainstream. We are anti-conformers and we call our army the antiestablishmenterrorists. Anyway point is - fuck mainstream, we want nothing of it.


Who's your target?
To put it simply - anyone that isn't a douchebag. If you are a douchebag we won't sell you our jeans.

What's your definition of douchebag? Cuz there might be a problem with selling your jeans to many people than. World went crazy. There are a lot of pseudo-artists and fashion victims who have nothing to do with the real fashion. They're buying designer's clothes just to show off themselves with some boring LV bag or D&G t-shirt with logo bigger than their ego...
Yeah for sure, this world is full of them. The definition of a douchebag is a person who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached the levels of fucker or motherfucker. It's an egotistical, self-righteous person that thinks they are the shit and let's everyone know the fact but no-one really cares. As you said it's someone with a huge ego that needs to be slapped back to reality. South Africa and America are countries that spring to mind when I think of where these douchebags come from. Anyway we want those types of people who actually know and appreciate street fashion, the types who would rather dress down than dress up. You know those kids you see walking around the streets with long scraggly hair, ripped semi-fitted jeans and a baggy shirt. They look like they don't give a fuck but at the same time they ooze effortless style. None of this collared shirt formal business - just don't try too hard and we'll fill your order. We'd rather keep our label exclusive with a handful of awesome people than go mass market.


What are your inspirations? The denim is raw, lovely washed... damn I think I am getting horny again.
Halsich in de ramin Bartek! Our inspirations come from all walks of life and especially the streets. It isn't restricted to fashion designers and labels at all. I'm a graphic designer and photographer by trade and I love learning new things off other people. For example we did a shoot with Nirrimi and Emily Abay who are wicked photographers based in Melbourne and while they shot for us I watched and learned and I like to think that my photography has improved thanks to being inspired by them. I also love art, especially from the Renaissance period with the highly realistic oil paintings done by Caravaggio etc. In terms of denim inspiration we love the Japanese aesthetic and old-world flavour infused in their denim creations. The Japanese attention to detail is mind-blowing and they create not only wonderful and experimental denim but also amazing jeans which are true vintage replicas unlike the bullshit that comes out of America. On the French side Dior Homme and Hedi Slimane make our balls tingle with delight. If Hedi Slimane ever wore a pair of Billycocks our dreams would be fulfilled as he created one of the best cut of jeans we've seen known as the 19cm MIJ (Made In Japan). As much as we draw inspiraton from the outside we also draw inspiration from ourselves and each other.

Don't you think that fashion is all about coming back to the roots? I was wearing Mickey Mouse shirts and washed jeans when I was a kid and it was a kitch then. Now it's back in the game. What's more! Washed denim and matching jacket begin being high-fashion now when since I do remember it was number 1 in rules what not to wear!
Absolutely. Kitschy trends and double denim outfits are very in vogue right now. I'm starting to feel that 90s fashion is feeling right even though I was laughing at it a couple of years ago. Fashion is a viscious cycle which is one of the reasons we chose the infinity symbol as our emblem. It's an organic loop that is very much alive and driven by trends and social happenings around the world. Fashion is very diverse on many different levels and ideas and styles trickle down through various channels until they arrive at the end consumer. The truth is though as much as everyone likes feeling that they are "on-trend" I think it's best to define your own style and mix-and-match until you have your own distinct visual style that is different to what other people are doing. If you can be revolutionary rather than reactionary you will shine as something strange and different.

What's your fetish?
Licking eyeballs. The texture of an eyeball on the tongue is like licking a film photograph. It's quite erotic without being too hectic. I know Goldy likes little boys in leather and ladies feet - preferably at the same time. What's your fetish?

Jeans of course. Do you think we would become such a good friends if u would be designing Crocks?
Mate, I think we'd be better friends if I was designing cocks! Oh you said Crocs - those are an abomination.

Everyone have some dreams - what are yours?
Materialistically I'd like to design my own home one day which will be 2 floors and open plan. Top floor will be my home and the bottom floor will consist of a large garage full of vintage motorbikes and race bikes which I will take to the racetrack as a hobby. Then I'll just keep adding floors above where my friends can come and live in. I would love to find a beautiful wife inside and out and get married and make lots of babies - not having much luck there hah, maybe I need to become famous or something. Business wise we'd love to develop a Billycock clubhouse where we can have a place for our supporters to come to party, get loose, chill and feel at home. We would love to be pushing experimental Milan runway shows one days with couture dresses and out-there shoes. We have huge aspirations with our label where we will be giving back to the community on par with however much we are given. Its all about creating a community and an army with who we can take over the world with. Can you hear the "Pinky & The Brain" theme song?

Yep. You're available in Australia right now, I am also the one who has his own Billy's. How can people contact you? And what do they need to do to get their own Billy's?
We are currently working on our website and launch. In the meantime we are offering sample batches to close fans of our page. Our customers find our contact details there and start an email process where we work out exactly what they are looking for and what we have available for them. It's all very personal and intimate. In the future we will be looking at doing collaborations with select stores where the store will create a pair of jeans alongside us specifically for their target market and sold exclusively through their stores. So perhaps soon you will see us in Poland!

For the end - what's the one word that describe Billycock's the best?
Antiestablishmenterrorism.


For now the Billycock's site is located at http://www.billycock.com.au
Or you can e-mail the Boyz directly at info@billycock.com.au

Photos: Billycock archives and I shot my fat ass by myself.

1 komentarz: